Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A baby brother birth story.

This is a birth story. If that's not your thing, here's your warning to skip on to the next post in your feed! It's not super graphic, but still, I get it. Also, I've been trying to write this for about three weeks now, and I only get to do it a few sentences at a time. So forgive me if it seems disjointed or inelegant or missing any details. Or words. Or punctuation... I just want to hit publish and move on with my life!

Baby Brother was due on the 4th of July. I’d already felt ready for a good, long while  and was hoping that he’d decide to come earlier than his due date. Our kind neighbors volunteered to come over and stay with the girls if he decided to come early, but nothing happened before my mom arrived on 6/30 to be an extra pair of hands. And like she’s done with all of my kids, she waited and waited and waited. And waited. But we did some fun things, like taking the girls to open playtime at the gymnastics gym.

Doing their best wrecking ball impression.
They love to jump.

I couldn't get her to try a flip into the pit, but was pretty impressed that she kept doing this!
And I got increasingly more cranky and uncomfortable and impatient. On July 4th, we went to a parade in the next town over. We sat literally directly across the street from the birth center. Our overnight bag was in the car, just in case. I had a number of friends and acquaintances due around the same time and new babies were popping up in my Facebook feed every day. My cousin was also due right around the same time and there was a good chance her baby was going to be born over 4th of July weekend, maybe even that day. I joked that I wasn’t sure I could handle it if she had her baby on my due date while I was sitting right across the street from the birth center, waiting to go into labor.


With Alice, another cousin was also due the same time as me. My mom and sister were in town, waiting with us, and Jon’s brother was there as well. We took them all to the hospital to show them how to get there and where things would happen. While we were there, my cousin posted that she was heading in to the hospital to deliver. Our group went out to lunch, and I think by the time we had finished, my cousin had had her baby. I remember nearly crying at the lunch table. We were already AT THE HOSPITAL! Alice was already a week late by that point, and I had to wait another four days before she decided to be born. Incidentally, my other cousin had her baby well before I did this time, too…

I’d been having Braxton-Hicks contractions for probably four to five weeks by the time the due date rolled around, and I have a hard time telling when “practice” contractions are turning into real contractions, or when “real” contractions might be getting more serious and turning into actual, active labor. One of the midwives said that the rule of thumb is to call when you’ve had contractions every five minutes for an hour, but she was correct in assuming that I’d been experiencing that for hours and days and weeks at a time already. She said because I’d had a couple of kids already, to call when the contractions started “kicking my butt.”

On Monday, 7/6, I was on my feet all morning, crossing things off my to-do list. I started having contractions after lunch, so we took the girls to a park to play while I tried to walk and stimulate labor. My mom and I walked in circles around the playground and I chatted on the phone with my sister. When we got home, Alice fell off her rocking horse and we took an unexpected trip to the emergency room where we learned she’d broken her elbow. The E.R. staff was joking that I might stay there and have a baby. Alice was discharged three hours later, so we headed home and had a late dinner. I was still having contractions by 10pm, so I figured I’d better go to bed and get some rest in case labor really started over night. But contractions petered out while I slept and I woke up the next morning still pregnant.

We had a prenatal visit later that afternoon, and the midwife suggested that I bind my belly to get the baby up and over my pelvic bone and try to coax his head down onto the cervix to help move things along. Because I have abdominal separation (diastasis recti) , and it’s my third kid, my muscles weren’t holding the baby as upright and close in, his butt had sort of fallen forward so he was laying in a more horizontal position with either a head or a shoulder pushing down on my pelvis. Super comfy. The midwife lent me a rebozo (which I think was from Africa?) and showed Jon how to cinch it on. I said I felt like I needed a bedpost to hang onto like Rose in Titanic, when she’s getting her corset tied… So I wrapped up every day (overnight, too) and waited some more. I wore it so much and Jon wrapped it so tight, the flesh on my back was bruised and tender. I think it helped, though. It definitely felt better and it seemed like it made my belly look less like a torpedo. It felt like there was more pressure on the cervix, too.



I tried eating pineapple. I ate two in two days before my mouth hurt too much to eat any more. I tried spicy foods. I didn’t try much else, because I’d tried it all before with Alice and Ivy and none of it helped. I joked that I should just call the hospital and make an appointment to induce, since I had an appointment scheduled with each Alice and Ivy and they were born just before they were set to be evicted. The midwives were planning to try a few natural induction tricks on Monday 7/13. If labor hadn’t started by then, they would try stripping the membranes and castor oil, and maybe something else.

On Sunday morning, I was having contractions again, every 5-7 minutes. Jon and I headed to the beach to try and walk myself into active labor. We walked on the rocks, hoping the unevenness would jostle the baby free. I did deep squats – which is supposed help, but was also coincidentally the only way I could reach the ground - to pick up pretty shells and filled Jon’s pockets with my finds. We saw a great blue heron hunting at the water’s edge, we even saw him spear a fish. We also saw a bald eagle terrorizing some crows, we watched him sit in a tree for a while, hoping we’d see him fly away majestically. I also saw a cool sea anemone tucked under a rock, waiting for the tide to come back in. And then I saw a tiny bunny nibbling greens in the dunes! It was a great wildlife safari!


Contractions didn’t really pick up, but they continued on in the same time frame for the rest of the afternoon.

While I sat down for dinner, it seemed like contractions started to slow, and I just got so demoralized. I could not handle the disappointment and stress and fatigue of contractions stopping overnight again, or another day of tiring contractions that don’t go anywhere. Plus, my parents were leaving on Tuesday afternoon and Alice was going to get her cast on Tuesday morning. If this baby didn't come soon, we were going to be kind of logistically screwed, not to mention that my parents wouldn't get to see the kid at all!

So I asked my neighbor if I could get any of the oils that might help labor. She brought them right over. I headed upstairs to take a bath - which had seemed to help contractions pick up a few days before – and let the oils do their work. I rubbed some Clary Sage on my chest and fingertips, as I’d been advised, and breathed it deeply until my bath was cool, and then used a special perineum massage oil blend. I headed downstairs, maybe around 8pm, and everyone was really interested in the scent of the Clary Sage.  Apparently, it can be off-putting for some, but we all found it intoxicating and enjoyable.

We talked about the rising popularity of essential oils and how they’ve been used for centuries and whether they really hold the secret to fighting all manner of ailments as advertised. My mom looked up Clary Sage and read us all about it’s history and uses. And then around 9pm, it felt like contractions actually started to get stronger and a little closer together.

I stood in the living room as we chatted, using the exercise ball and doing squats and breathing Clary Sage and using all my mind power to will labor to continue. Around 10pm, I thought that it might really be happening and debated whether I should go to bed and get some rest. I was afraid that if I fell asleep, contractions would slow and stop and I would wake up the next morning still pregnant, as had already happened a few times that week. But if this really was labor, I thought it would be wise to get a little rest. I finally decided to sleep, knowing that if it really was labor, it wouldn’t slow and I would wake up when contractions got too tough. So I fell asleep around 10:30pm.

I woke up around 11:30pm, during a contraction, and lay in bed trying to evaluate what was going on. It was definitely more intense and painful than when I’d gone to bed. I let another one happen and thought, yeah, I’m definitely in labor. This was the scenario I had wondered about; if I woke up in labor, when would I wake Jon up? Turns out, right away, when it’s already at this point.

I got out of bed and started to gather my wits and my things and get dressed. I woke Jon and told him that things were definitely happening. At some point, he went downstairs to wake up my parents and give them an update. I rolled through a few more contractions and thought, wow, these are really strong and painful. So I paged the on-call midwife and said “I think I’m in labor.” And continued getting my stuff together. A few minutes went by and I tried to page again, saying “I’m definitely in labor.” And then the phone rang.

It was about midnight by that point. I gave the midwife my stats and she told me to meet her at the birth center at 1:30am, but to call if I needed to come earlier. I said OK and hung up, feeling pretty nervous. 90 minutes seemed like a REALLY long way away. I told Jon the plan, and filled up our tub. I did some calculating and figured I should get out of the tub around 12:45am to give myself plenty of time to get dressed and downstairs and into the car and over to the next town, allowing for contractions. By the time I got in the tub, it was about 12:15am. I figured if I was having contractions every two minutes or so, that was only about 15 contractions. I could do that. No problem. Piece of cake! … =/

Jon sat on the floor and timed contractions with the iPhone app and took care of a few things for me. The cats even hopped up on the side of the tub to sniff the water and keep me company. I did a pretty good job of relaxing and breathing through the contractions, I told Jon that was imagining myself as a tube of toothpaste, rolling up and squeezing the baby down and out. The contractions were pretty strong and painful, but not horrible.

Then my phone rang and Jon answered, to avoid any tub accidents. It was the midwife. She explained that her clock had been set incorrectly and she gave us the wrong timing. She said she was at the birth center, all ready for us, and we should come whenever we wanted. It was nearly 12:45am by then, pretty much when I was planning to get out of the tub. So I said, “Great, we’re on our way!”

As I expected, it took a while to maneuver myself into clothes and downstairs. Jon was running around doing important things and I was waiting for him to be ready. I remember leaning over the kitchen island to have a contraction. My dad rubbed my back and I snapped “Don’t touch me!” Finally, Jon was ready, with the car waiting in the driveway. We all headed outside, and Jon rubbed my arm or back or something and I snapped again, “Don’t touch me!” and gingerly buckled myself into the car. I was SO HAPPY to finally be in labor, though!

It was about 1:00am as we headed off and I texted our neighbors and friends, who had been eagerly awaiting any news. I also let my sweet neighbor know that I thought the oils had done their job!

I’ve never driven to the hospital (or anywhere) with such bad contractions. When I was in labor with Ivy, I didn’t even really realize that I was actually in labor until we were driving to the hospital for a scheduled non-stress test and I realized that my contractions were 5 minutes apart – and they weren’t even bad. Having contractions in the car isn’t really ever comfortable, even Braxton-Hicks, but this car ride was pretty excruciating, especially because it’s kind of a twisty turny route. Luckily, there were no other cars on the road and it was a pretty quick trip – and we saw a deer cross the road!

We pulled up to the birth center at about 1:15am. It’s on a downtown block, so it was weird to see everything completely dark and deserted and quiet and empty. There were no other cars, just ours, the midwife’s, and the assistant’s parked right out front in the 90 minute parking zone. We were pretty sure we’d be done having a baby by 8am or whatever, and Jon could move the car if he needed to.

I made my way inside verrrrry gingerly and headed to the back birthing room, which had soft, low light and candles, with soothing music playing. The midwife gave me a quick check and I was 8cm dilated. She said it was a good thing my water hadn’t broken, or I might have had my baby in the car. (Like this woman. I watched this WAY too soon after having given birth and very nearly hurled. If you haven't seen it yet, watch at your own risk!)

Anyway. The midwife said that once my water broke, I’d basically be ready to push, and to let her know if I wanted her to break it and move things along. I wanted to get in the tub, so they filled it full of hot water and I got in with a coconut popsicle, icy towels for my face and neck, and a candle I’d brought from home because I liked the way it’s loud, crackling wick sounded. It calmed and distracted me to watch the flames and listen to the wick blazing. Unfortunately, the only place to put the candle was behind my head, and I don’t think I opened my eyes again until the whole deal was over…

I'm pretty sure this isn't too revealing? 
I didn’t last too long in the tub before I asked the midwife to break my water. She did, and it wasn’t long before I was feeling the urge to push. The midwife could still feel a little lip of cervix that needed to go away before we could really get the show on the road. She asked me to resist the urge to push for a while, to force the cervix to finish opening and to save my energy. That was awesome and so, so easy! At some point, I had flipped onto my hands and knees in the tub; they said that would help get the job done. After around a half hour, we were good to go.

During one of my last prenatal appointments, one of the midwives had asked where I thought I’d want to deliver. I told her I thought that laboring in the tub sounded nice, and that I'd love to have a water birth, but would do whatever ended up being the most comfortable or necessary. I started pushing in the tub, but the midwives suggested that I move out of the tub to get better leverage and help things go faster. I think I moved to the bed, but I was horribly uncomfortable on my back, so they brought out a birthing stool. It was really comfortable (as comfortable as one can be during the most uncomfortable pain of their life), and really productive. I made some good progress there.

At point, there was an audibly loud – an painful – pop, it felt sort of like pulling a mushroom shaped cork through the opening of a wine bottle (like pulling a champagne cork into the bottle – does that make sense??) and I hollered pretty loud about it. Shortly after that, the midwife wanted me to move to the bed again, but it’s hard to maneuver one’s self properly with a baby’s head literally moments away from emerging from your body. So the best I could manage was to sort of fall sideways onto the bed. And that’s where I ended up finally evicting the kid at 3:25am. If only he’d taken 8 more minutes, I could have had my third kid while I was still 33 at 3:33am. But 3:25 is plenty good enough.

All in all, I only really pushed for about half an hour, so I’m not sure how long I was on the bed for. It felt like forever. I opened my eyes only to move myself around, which was pretty excruciating, and then I closed them again and had no idea about anything going on around me. Luckily, there wasn’t much going on, unlike my experiences in the hospital where there were about thirteen people doing various things by the time Alice arrived.

So the baby was finally pulled free of me and they plopped him on my chest. Jon cried, though he thought he wouldn’t, and I didn’t because I’m always just SO happy to finally not be pregnant. The baby was pink and squirmy and cried and scored a solid 10 on the Apgar test. He wasn’t even very slimy or gross. 

The midwives took care of all the after birth stuff and I was totally surprised to hear that I didn’t tear, like I did with both Alice and Ivy. I was thrilled to not need any stitches. They had coached me to push hard, but not for too long, so I wouldn’t tear. That was a lot easier than resisting the urge to push during transition. I was actually surprised that pushing hurt less than the contractions at the end. It was more of a localized skin sensation than whole body torture… The midwife did say that he might have broken my tailbone when we heard that unholy popping sound. That was pretty alarming, but my tailbone didn’t hurt at all, so I thought I’d just wait and see what developed there.

They weighed the baby; the midwife made her guess of 10lbs4oz, and then lowered it to 10lbs 1oz, and he came in just under at 9lbs 15oz. At 22 inches, he was my longest and heaviest kid yet, and with a 15 inch head circumference, had the biggest head the midwife had ever delivered.


I wanted to try a breast crawl, but I did half the work for him and lay him on my chest instead of my stomach. He totally knew what was up though, and bopped all around until he got a good latch. He’s been an eating champ right from the start!

Just like with my other kids, I was so excited to meet him that I forgot to announce his name. The midwife finally had to ask and we were so surprised to hear her son is also named Elliott and he’d just celebrated his birthday the day before our Elliott was born!

The midwife and assistant were taking care of charting and some other things, and taking care of everything that had to be done before we could go home. They wanted to make sure I could use the bathroom before I left, and they needed to take Elliott’s temperature again. His temp had been a bit low, so they wanted to make sure it was high enough for long enough. Also, there was some meconium and the midwife estimated he’d pooped about a week ago – you know, when he was supposed to be born. So they told us to take his temperature every four hours to make sure that he didn’t develop a fever indicative of pneumonia from aspirating meconium. Once we’d done all that, we were ready to go. But not before we they got his footprints!


So, Elliott was born about 2 hours after we arrived to the birth center, and about two hours after that, we were on our way home. We buckled Elliott into his little seat and I made my way slowly from the birth center and into the backseat with him. The street was still empty, but the sun was coming up and there were some seagulls floating around the lightening sky.


I couldn’t believe that we were in and out in four hours and would be home before the girls were up. We had joked about that, about leaving in the middle of the night after they were already asleep, and then having the girls come down in the morning to find us fixing breakfast with their new baby brother. And that’s basically what happened.

We passed by a McDonald’s and Jon asked if I wanted to stop. He might have been joking but I said, “Yes. Yes, I do.” So we got Egg McMuffins to go and I ate mine with one hand while Elliott gnawed on my other hand.

We snuck in the house and got settled on the couch. My mom had spent the rest of the night in our bed, and came down to see us as soon as she heard us. She oohed and aahed over the new baby, and before too long, the girls woke up and Jon went to get them. He didn’t tell them that the baby was here, but I think he told them he had a surprise downstairs. I could hear Alice coming down the stairs saying “Is the baby here??” And they were both so excited to see that he was. Ivy wanted to hold him right away, but I put her off, since he was busy with sleeping and eating. My dad woke up and met Elliott, he was excited because he’d never met one of my kids so fresh before. This was the first time he’d actually been in town for the birth!



Jon and I were actually able to go upstairs and take a nap while my parents played with the girls. Elliott slept in his Bassinest next to me. Jon and I were both pretty amazed, and pleased, since neither Alice nor Ivy had gone to sleep so easily that soon after being born. Neither of them had really slept in their hospital bassinet, they demanded to be cuddled so we had to take turns napping and holding babies.

After Alice was born, I don’t think I stood up voluntarily for, like, two weeks. After Ivy was born, I remember feeling a lot better, I was able to get myself to and from the bathroom and take a shower in the hospital without feeling like my body was falling apart. I remember sitting up comfortably when Alice came to visit Ivy in the hospital, and I feel like recovery was quicker and easier at home, too.

The midwives told me that recovery would be significantly quicker and easier with a natural delivery.  I’m sure that it helped that it was my third kid, but I was amazed at how great I felt both immediately after and in the days following. My lower back and side muscles hurt a LOT while I was still at the birth center and all that day, maybe from the hands and knees position in the bathtub? Or just general pushing? My neck was sore from straining and yelling, and my throat hurt from yelling, too. I took some ibuprofen at the birth center and throughout that day, which helped a bit with all that soreness.

I’m curious to watch the birth footage (it takes me a while before I feel ready for that!), because I feel like I yelled a lot – especially compared to my other births. But Jon says it still wasn’t very bad. I was actually surprised at how quiet I was during Alice and Ivy’s births, compared to all the yelling you see on TV and in movies. I had an epidural those first two times, so I got to numb most of the worst contractions, and my mouth was closed during pushing. This time, I moaned through the worst contractions and clenched my jaw during pushes, usually finishing both by yelling obscenities or “I can’t do it!!” Very inspiring. Early on, I apologized to the midwives after a string of colorful language. They waved it off and assured me it was fine. I said that it wasn’t very ladylike, and they said that I was doing the most ladylike thing there is in the whole world and that if swearing helped get the job done, so be it.

My pelvis was sore from Elliott riding on it during pregnancy, and obviously from birth. I was really relieved that my tailbone didn’t seem injured, I wonder if it just loudly popped out of place and back in? I’m more sore from sitting around so much, trapped under a sleeping/nursing baby! I’ve had to really remind myself to take it easy and force myself to rest because I’ve been feeling so good. At one point, I had a kitchen full of dirty dishes and a quiet moment in which to wash them, but realized I had given birth literally only two days before and I should probably just sit and rest, so I did.

Our wonderful neighbors made sure we were well-fed, too. One brought over Elliott’s first birthday cake - a yummy Jell-o poke cake! And another cooked us two delicious meals that each had enough for another night of leftovers, so we had four nights of dinner! And she made an apple pie from scratch and brought ice cream to go with it! We seriously have the very best neighbors.

Now, three weeks later, I feel about 90% physically recovered. I can’t wait to not look pregnant anymore. But I can sleep on my stomach again, and I love snuggling up in bed and actually feeling comfortable in any position that I choose. It’s a revelation.

Elliott is eating well (so well, he gained twenty-one ounces in fourteen days, when the doctor said they normally hope to see an ounce a day!), and sleeping well (he sometimes goes five to eight hour stretches at night – because he eats so dang much). He laughs in his sleep more than I’ve ever seen in a newborn (not that I’ve seen that many) and I hope it means that he’s going to be a cheerful kid with a great sense of humor. He’s generally pretty easygoing, though he doesn’t love the pacifier so when he gets fussy about being in the car or whatever, I can’t use that for a quick soothe. I have to really convince him that he’s happier with it in his mouth, but then he can’t keep it in there, either. He doesn’t need it to sleep or fall asleep, though, so maybe he won’t still be carrying it around when he's two-and-a-half like Ivy…

We’re all adjusting pretty well to being a family of five. There are still some rough edges, but I know we’ll keep honing our game and figuring it out as we go along. This is always right about the time I feel anxious and panicky, afraid that I’ll never know when I’ll be able to take a shower, or how to get everything done, but it always works out somehow as everyone settles into a groove and we define the new normal. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself.

I’m so glad he’s finally here, and so glad that I had the opportunity to have a natural
birth center experience after two hospital births. I’m glad that I won’t always

wonder what it would feel like, or whether I’d be able to do it.

We are very much in love with the little guy, and are trying to savor every newborn minute because this is definitely the last time we're going to do this. Definitely. And if you've heard me say that before? Well, this time I really REALLY mean it. He's perfect and we're done.





9 comments:

  1. So exciting, Erin! Congratulations on this new addition, and it's so wonderful to hear about your "easy" recovery after going through a natural birth! Also: I love the name Elliott! :D

    If you're willing to share, I'd love to hear more about the COST of giving birth in a hospital like Kaiser VS. giving birth with midwives in a birthing center. I have no children yet, but at the end of every year when I can re-up my insurance at work, I'm always debating "Kaiser VS. PPO" simply because I want to be prepared with the insurance that allows me to give birth how I want -- should I get pregnant that next year. Kaiser is so affordable, and my closest friends have all given birth there (and liked it a lot), but they had epidurals and pitocin and those are "interventions" I am hesitant about... Maybe you and I can chat about your two experiences, since they are quite literally the two I am weighing for possibly-sometime-in-the-future Hyatt baby.

    Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question!! I think I meant to include something about that.

      I had a great Kaiser plan, and loved Kaiser in general. I had good experiences in the hospital there, except that they required I.V.s, and constant monitoring - at least where I delivered. And that pretty much confines you to bed. I had epidurals both times, with Alice and Ivy, but avoided pitocin until the pushing stage. But I had an epidural, so I couldn't feel it, and it was just for an hour or less.That said, both of my hospital births cost $250 (each). That's it. And the care and facilities were great. For a hospital, I would not hesitate to recommend, at least the Panorama City and Sunset facilities.I had no way of knowing in advance, but I was in labor with Alice for 18 hours and got the epidural about 7 hours in. Maybe I could have done it naturally with better support and under more conducive circumstances, but I do not regret that epidural one bit...

      If you have not had Kaiser before, there is a bit of an adjustment to the way things are handled and structured, but it worked and made sense for me. You have to advocate for yourself and your care, but no more than you would need to anywhere else. And everything works together and is all under the same roof (generally) and under the same system.

      When I was choosing our health insurance plan from the exchange up here, they have sample cost estimates for things like childbirth. We bought a "Gold" plan, with a $1000 deductible, and the cost for a hospital birth was estimated to be between $6-$7k, I believe that included epidural and whatnot.

      In Washington, birth centers are covered under insurance, and I made sure to get a plan that worked with the birth center where we wanted to deliver. I am still awaiting my bill, but per the center, my out of pocket costs are estimated to be about $1800. Probably better than this same birth at a hospital, but still. Yikes.

      I have no idea whether independent birth centers in CA are covered under any PPO plans. We didn't look very far into L.A. birth centers, because I knew it would be considerably more expensive than with Kaiser and that didn't make financial sense to me.

      So those are the basics of my experiences!

      Delete
    2. I meant to also say that I'd be happy to chat any time in real life, if you have questions or want more info or details, or just to talk about the options!

      Delete
  2. So interesting to read about health care in these comments. We literally paid ZERO dollars when our kids were born because of the military (yes, I know how lucky we are). So it blows my mind to read how much having a child costs!

    Moving on ... lovedddd reading your birth story and seriously felt for you as I read about how over being pregnant you were. Overdue x 3, you deserve a trophy or something! I had Evelyn on her due date and that was the most pregnant I'd ever been, and let's just say I was not a happy camper! She was also my fastest and my only natural birth. I couldn't believe that I could just get up and go pee after she was delivered?! I felt completely normal (almost) immediately after. Like you, I also had the easiest and quickest recovery with her (#3 kid and fast labor assisted, I'm sure). But I was remembering her delivery fondly while reading about Elliot's arrival : )

    Lastly, my girls were both pacifier babies. Charlie was pretty mental about it and just couldn't keep it in his mouth. We held it in for him most of the time when he was fussy and then eventually gave up. He was also our best sleeper from the start, like Elliot ... those boys don't mess around with eating!

    I loved reading along and relating to a lot of what you wrote. Enjoy your son and this precious time, as you know, it goes by way too dang fast. Why can't they stay itty bitty longer?! Cheers, Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't have to pay anything, Leah! That's how it should be!! $250 was about the tops I thought was reasonable. $6-$7K is ridiculous. Especially with an expensive healthcare plan and good coverage. Ridiculous. I saw an article recently about how it makes having babies less feasible for this shrinking middle class. Which is part of the reason we moved... Anyway. I'm glad I'm done being pregnant, I love the babies so much more on the outside!!

      Delete
  3. Oh! Who does he look like?! By the photos, it looks like Alice?? What do I know, though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Alice, too! I need to pull out some of the girls baby photos and do some side-by-side comparisons!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to you all. Such happy news

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...