Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Gifts for Mamas

One of these last Mother's Days, Jon gave me a wonderful gift certificate to the Glen Ivy Hot Springs.  I made sure to use it before we left California, and it was heavenly. I wish I would have gone monthly  while we lived there. If you live in Southern California and haven't been, get there ASAP! And definitely do the mud bath, and make a reservation for the grotto

Our new house has a master bathroom (!!) with a soaking tub (!!!), and since I can't get to the Glen Ivy easily any more, I'm thinking of ways to make it my own private spa retreat. Maybe your mom, or your kid's mom, would love something to pamper herself too, after a long day (or many years) of mothering.

1. Pottery Barn's Waffle Weave Resort Robe is super soft and plush, with a thick terrycloth inside. And it would look so pretty hanging in your bathroom! Get it monogrammed for an extra special touch. $99

2. Jo Malone has gorgeous fragrances that can be layered and mixed and matched. I personally love to smell like a rose! $60 for 30ml

3. K. Hall Designs has great collections of soaps, bath goodies, candles, and perfumes in beautiful scents. I especially loved the Egyptian Jasmine. I wouldn't be sorry if my bathroom smelled like that all the time. $42 for the room diffuser.

4. The K. Hall Designs jar candle in Egyptian Jasmine should give 60 hours of bath time bliss. $24.  The travel size is $11, if you want to take your spa bath on the road!

5. The K. Hall Designs 3-wick candle in a printed tin is $36. The Peony scent is so lovely, and the tin is beautiful. Pottery Barn is currently carrying some of the K. Hall products in a few of the scents. I would love to smell Earl Grey, Moss, Shoreline, and Washed Cotton.

6. I loved the Club Mud mud bath at Glen Ivy so much, I bought a jar to take home with me and have been using it every day. Unlike at the spa, the home version has some added oils and fragrance. I'd love to try the Moroccan Red Clay Mask from NOW Foods. $10 from Amazon.

7. My tub doesn't have any jets, and I don't love to use regular liquid bubble bath, but this bubble bar from Lush seems like it would give me lots of luxurious, natural bubbles. This Rose Jam Bubbleroon smells like roses, is shaped like a macaron, and is good for two baths. $6.25

8. This natural sea wool sponge just seems like such a luxury. $18 from Anthropologie.

9. The K. Hall Designs bath salts in Milk would make a lovely bath, for those times you don't want a bunch of bubbles. The Milk scent is so sweet and clean, and the bottle would be a lovely decoration on the tub. $29.50 from Pottery Barn.

10. The Republic of Tea has a collection of Downton Abbey tea. I would love a cup of the English Rose while soaking in my rose or milk flavored bath. The most memorable cup of tea I've ever had was rose petal tea at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin, and I've never been able to find a rose tea that comes close. I'd love to give this one a try. $12

11. And of course, rose tea would taste best from this Royal Albert Polka Rose vintage teacup and saucer. $40

12. I love the fresh smell of Earl Grey tea and think this solid perfume from K. Hall Designs would be lovely after a bath. And the printed tin is pretty enough to decorate your counter. And of course, you could always match the solid perfume to your bath scent. $18.

I'm also in love with Pottery Barn's scent collections in Ocean, Gray Moss, and Mission Fig. I also love their faux flowers and plants. I can rarely have fresh flowers in the house, because so many are toxic to cats and my cats aren't smart enough to avoid toxic foliage. The peonies, roses, or succulents would bring a nice touch of color and texture to my private spa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...