Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Milestones

We're celebrating some milestones around here!
 
like, whoa, dude.
Ivy is 6 months old, and she cut her first tooth! Just Sunday, I was having a video chat with one of my best friends and her adorable son and she asked how many teeth Ivy had now. Ivy's been chomping and drooling since she was two months old, but we hadn't seen any teeth yet. I told my friend as much and reached in for a quick check and totally felt a little sharp tooth! No wonder she's been having such a hard time going to sleep the past few days! Perfect timing, as she's also eagerly enjoying her first tastes of solid food. I'll write more about that later, but she is totally into it...

And Alice had her first day of nursery school summer school yesterday. She's doing a week of summer school before her regular two-day program starts in the fall. I'm so excited for her, and I can't wait to hear all about it. She's so ready for this; ready to play with other kids her age, ready to learn from and with them. I know she's going to love everything she gets to do and play with, but I'm so excited to watch her learn and grow.
We went to a family party over the long weekend and one of her grandma's cousins gave her a fun new backpack full of Disney story books. We've been reading the books non-stop since then and she's been soaking up every word like a sponge. Then we can overhear her reading them back with surprising accuracy to a rapt audience of Ivy and stuffed animals. Ivy LOVES listening to stories, especially when her sister is reading them. It's so sweet, I can hardly stand it.

Anyway, she insisted on taking her new backpack to school and loaded it with a change of clothes and washcloth (in case she cries - girl needs some monogrammed handkerchiefs...). 
Not entirely sure what she's doing in this photo, but so cute!
We went in and watched as she found a seat in the circle, and she hardly glanced at us as we said goodbye and headed out the door. She's had an easy transition between Sunday school in the same building, to a week of Vacation Bible School there, and now a week of summer school. I hope she can wait until September for school to start for real, and isn't too disappointed that it's only two days a week!

3 comments:

  1. I love that she wanted to pack a washcloth in her backpack! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The washcloth was my suggestion, Shan. I didn't want any tragedies on the first day of school. We should work on being flexible, though. She did improvise the other day and ask to use my dress as a washcloth to dry her tears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. B and E start their new montessori school in August and I am so excited for them. It's so neat to see them growing into little people!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...