Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Post.

I know everyone is in full Christmas mode but I'm only just now finding time to post some photos from Thanksgiving. We spent the weekend prior with Jon's family and had a pre-Thanksgiving family dinner and then headed up to see my family for the long holiday weekend. As always, we did a lot of cooking, eating, hanging out, playing with Alice, and playing games in general. My cousin and her husband were enjoying a vacation nearby and  joined us for the holiday dinner. It was lovely to visit with them and Jon enjoyed hearing all about his line of work, landing planes on aircraft carriers...

the holiday table. waiting (left) and full (right). My brother's girlfriend folded the napkins into chickens, but we pretended they were turkeys...
fruit, with wine.
Grandpa got a lot of playtime with the little munchkin.

Grandma gave Alice a sniff of her whisky. Maybe Alice is following in her (and her dad's) footsteps...
Following in her mama's footsteps and playing the piano. By ear, obviously.

More following in her mama's footsteps, a game of peekaboo with a dramatic flare!
We had a lovely holiday but I think I'd like to start celebrating Thanksgiving immediately after Halloween to give me more time to prepare for Christmas. I'm already well behind! Maybe next year, I'll actually start making and buying gifts in September, or earlier! I say it every year, perhaps that should be my New Year's resolution this year...


I hope you all enjoyed wonderful Thanksgiving feasts and that your house is fully lit and decorated for Christmas and all your gifts are wrapped beneath the tree already!

1 comment:

  1. Alice is so beautiful! Ugh, the cuteness factor is off the charts. Side note : last year I was completely done with my Christmas shopping by Halloween. My husband was gone most of the year and since I was pregnant and due with Lucy in early November I made it a goal to be done EARLY. The relief (and pride) I had in doing that was way, way cool. Other side note: I'm not even close to being done with Christmas shopping this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...