Monday, May 30, 2011

Second 1st Birthday Party!

We had another little party for Alice this weekend and despite having to excuse herself for a nap half-way through, she had a great time and so did we! Our friends totally spoiled the birthday girl, she has been so excited to have such fun new things to play with.

I've been busy over the last few months stitching up some flag bunting banners and a matching birthday outfit. I was so excited to finally see it all together. I'll write about some of the details (cupcakes! hay bales! presents!) in the next few days, but wanted to share some photos now!
The party table before the food came out of the oven.
A pink ruffle birthday cake (of course!) and buttered popcorn cupcakes with salt caramel buttercream.
Birthday cake for the big kids and a baby cake for the birthday girl!


 
Dad gives his first driving lesson.
A birthday dress, headband, and ruffle buns. Priceless.

Fun with static electricity!

7 comments:

  1. Er!! These photos are gorgeous and I LOVE what you did with the theme! Particularly: mason jars+straws, circus peanuts as label holders, pink ruffle cake, popcorn cupcakes, baby cake (so cute!), hay bales... seriously! It's all so legit and design blog worthy. Alice looks perfect in the outfit you made her, and I love the scootie toy Jon built! I can't get over it! Glad to see it was such a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? This is unbelievable! You're going to shame all the other moms out there with your mad party skills.
    I absofruitly love the mason jars with striped straws! And Alice's headband is beyond cute. I want one for myself!
    How did you make the pink ruffle cake? You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing!!! Beautiful pictures, as always..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on throwing a perfect first birthday! I agree with Shannon - it's like I'm looking at the Sweet & Saucy blog or something! So lovely, chic and creative!

    Alice is adorable, and it still shocks me how much she looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan Trudeau ViriatoJune 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

    Love everything about this Erin! You are quite talented and Alice is absolutely adorable!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how was the sangria, it looks delicious! recipe...?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...