Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Alice's First Haircut

When I told Alice that we'd scheduled a family photo shoot, she looked at me like this:
...and said, "I'm not going unless you cut my hair." So I did. Right after my own hair appointment.


But then she cried about it (actually, she just wanted her breakfast - silly mama tried to sneak the haircut in first). We figured the bib would catch any stray hairs anyway.
Alice had a nice comb to distract her from the razor-sharp blades approaching dangerously near her eyeballs. Mama had nothing to distract her from that fact, not even a stiff drink. Despite a nervous hand (what if I poke her in the eyeball?! what if I screw up and ruin our family photos?!), one swift snip did the trick in a perfectly straight line. Just a few more snips caught a couple of stragglers, and then we were done! One baby with bangs!
Easy as pie, nothing to worry about (that may never be true again)! Alice was much happier with her new 'do and couldn't wait for her photo shoot on the beach - I can't wait to see and share those photos with you!

A few days ago, I was admiring my handiwork and noticed that, in the right light, you could see where Alice's hair had started growing in lighter. I then realized that when I trimmed her bangs, I cut off hair that she had been born with, that she grew in utero. And then I cried. A bunch. Good thing I saved the clippings for her baby book...

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...