Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I gave birth to myself

Most people who meet Alice comment on how much she looks like me. And how much hair she has, and had when she was born. Alice definitely takes after me, but it still surprises me that it's so obvious even to people who haven't seen my baby photos. Because if you've seen my baby photos, well, it's a little frightening how MUCH she looks like me. It's almost as though I gave birth to myself. Here's a little side-by-side action:



            Left: my first day home from the hospital.               Right: Alice's first night in the hospital.

            

         Left: my first day home from the hospital.            Right: Alice's first day home from the hospital.










I'm starting to see evidence of Jon's genetic contribution but I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is I'm seeing. I can't wait to watch Alice grow, and to see how she reflects us both (in nature and nurture) and develops into her own little person. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah!!! I knew you looked identical, but seeing it like this is so crazy! Great idea for a post.

    Also, some funny things to note: you're doing baby flamenco in the second picture, and it looks like that giant fist is about to punch you in the fourth. Quality.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...