Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Five Year Anniversary!


Five years ago today, I became the happiest girl in the world. Here's a little look back at that day, and some of the memorable dates leading up to it.


Late August, 2003 - Jon & I first meet. Some of our initial interactions are inspired by a shared love of Disneyland's FANTASMIC! show music.


November 21, 2003 - our first date.


Thanksgiving, 2003 - I want to tell my parents that I know I want to marry Jon but I know they'll think I'm ridiculous, having only just had our first date. I say nothing.


April, 2004 - Jon asks where our relationship is headed, I reply that I want to marry him and have his children (check & check - Alice is born almost exactly six years later). Obviously, he continued to date me...


October 23, 2004 - During a planned evening at Disneyland, on our way to the Haunted Mansion, Jon suddenly detours to our favorite FANTASMIC!-watching spot and drops to one knee. Despite knowing that he'd been out ring shopping with my sister that very afternoon, I am completely shocked. I of course say 'yes!'


September 3, 2005 - Jon & I spend the day celebrating our love and marriage with so many wonderful family and friends. There were so many special aspects of that day, but my very favorite was the music that Jon arranged and composed. You can see more photos from the celebration here.

 I get buttoned into my dress.
Jon conducts a rehearsal of his music.

Ready for the rest of our lives.
Since the wedding, we've traveled to Orlando, Seattle, Alaska, Michigan, Italy, Paris, and Amsterdam, found jobs we love, bought a house, hand-raised two kitties, and had a baby. We are incredibly blessed to have everything we'd ever hoped for in just five short years of marriage. I can't imagine what the future will bring!

We observed our anniversary last Sunday since we have other things planned for this weekend (I hope to post an update and some photos next week!). Since there aren't any real French bistros handy, and Alice probably wouldn't enjoy herself if there were, we spent a leisurely afternoon and evening cooking and enjoying a French meal at home. I made onion soup, pepper steak, and an amazing chocolate-fudge cake. It was a lovely meal and a lovely way to celebrate, I think we'll remember it very fondly for years to come. Here's hoping for 70 more years of wedded bliss!


Five years ago: a gorgeous wedding cake
This year: an elegant, homemade gateau

1 comment:

  1. I love you more today than I ever have.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Kind words only, please...